Jesus is experiencing serious anxiety while praying in the garden – even sweating blood. His disciples, after their Passover meal, are sleeping.
“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me … yet, not my will but your will be done.”
It was to be his Father’s will. Jesus embraced it with perfect obedience – for our redemption and his Father’s glory.
Though finished on the cross, victory was won in the garden.
MORE 2022 PASSION WEEK POSTS
- The Women Head to the TombSabbath ended at 6pm – 12 hours ago. The women are able to gather what they need to complete the burial rites. … Continue reading The Women Head to the Tomb
- He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!The disciples return to their homes, but Mary Magdalene stands outside the tomb crying. Jesus appears to her in a precious exchange, … Continue reading He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!
- What about the bodyBy now, the Roman guards are meeting with Jewish leaders about their incredible experience with the angel who moved the stone – … Continue reading What about the body
- Good Friday Is CompleteGood Friday is over and Sabbath begins. Jesus is in the tomb, which is sealed by a stone and guarded by Roman … Continue reading Good Friday Is Complete
- Body is buried and the tomb is sealedBy now Jesus’ body is off the cross. The Jewish leaders learn that the body of Jesus has been given to Joseph … Continue reading Body is buried and the tomb is sealed
This wonderful content is put together in an app called EasterNow . Visit their website to download the app to your phone and experience this great story along with others.