By now (10pm) the meal is over and Jesus and the disciples leave the upper room singing the hallel psalms (Psalms 115-118). They are heading back to the east away from Jerusalem across the valley to the Garden of Gethsemane.
Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to your name give glory, for the sake of your steadfast love and your faithfulness!
I love the Lord, because he has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy.
Praise the Lord, all nations! Extol him, all peoples!2 For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.Praise the Lord!
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
MORE 2022 PASSION WEEK POSTS
- The Women Head to the TombSabbath ended at 6pm – 12 hours ago. The women are able to gather what they need to complete the burial rites. … Continue reading The Women Head to the Tomb
- He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!The disciples return to their homes, but Mary Magdalene stands outside the tomb crying. Jesus appears to her in a precious exchange, … Continue reading He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!
- What about the bodyBy now, the Roman guards are meeting with Jewish leaders about their incredible experience with the angel who moved the stone – … Continue reading What about the body
- Good Friday Is CompleteGood Friday is over and Sabbath begins. Jesus is in the tomb, which is sealed by a stone and guarded by Roman … Continue reading Good Friday Is Complete
- Body is buried and the tomb is sealedBy now Jesus’ body is off the cross. The Jewish leaders learn that the body of Jesus has been given to Joseph … Continue reading Body is buried and the tomb is sealed
This wonderful content is put together in an app called EasterNow . Visit their website to download the app to your phone and experience this great story along with others.