By now, the Roman guards are meeting with Jewish leaders about their incredible experience with the angel who moved the stone – money is being paid, stories created. Remarkably, it seems the Jewish leaders believed the soldiers.
The disciples, in contrast, did not believe the women who reported that the tomb was empty and that angels had spoken to them.
Peter and John run to the tomb…. it is open – the body is gone!
It is now the Feast of First Fruits – celebrating the miracle of the seed: planted in the earth to die, so that it might grow and yield a bountiful crop.
see a map indicating the location of the tomb in the EasterNow app
This wonderful content is put together in an app called EasterNow . Visit their website to download the app to your phone and experience this great story along with others.
MORE 2022 PASSION WEEK POSTS
- The Women Head to the TombSabbath ended at 6pm – 12 hours ago. The women are able to gather what they need to complete the burial rites. … Continue reading The Women Head to the Tomb
- He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!The disciples return to their homes, but Mary Magdalene stands outside the tomb crying. Jesus appears to her in a precious exchange, … Continue reading He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!
- What about the bodyBy now, the Roman guards are meeting with Jewish leaders about their incredible experience with the angel who moved the stone – … Continue reading What about the body
- Good Friday Is CompleteGood Friday is over and Sabbath begins. Jesus is in the tomb, which is sealed by a stone and guarded by Roman … Continue reading Good Friday Is Complete
- Body is buried and the tomb is sealedBy now Jesus’ body is off the cross. The Jewish leaders learn that the body of Jesus has been given to Joseph … Continue reading Body is buried and the tomb is sealed