“At the sixth hour, darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour,” when Jesus dies at 3pm. Read Amos 8:9-10 and marvel! As in Egypt at the time of Moses and Pharaoh, the plague of darkness will precede the final plague: death of the firstborn son. This time, however, it is God’s son. This death occurs on the anniversary of the very plague that gave the children of Israel the feast of Passover: the blood of the lamb brings deliverance!
“In that day,” declares the Sovereign Lord,
“I will make the sun go down at noon
and darken the earth in broad daylight.
I will turn your religious festivals into mourning
and all your singing into weeping.
I will make all of you wear sackcloth
and shave your heads.
I will make that time like mourning for an only son
and the end of it like a bitter day.
This wonderful content is put together in an app called EasterNow . Visit their website to download the app to your phone and experience this great story along with others.
MORE 2022 PASSION WEEK POSTS
- The Women Head to the TombSabbath ended at 6pm – 12 hours ago. The women are able to gather what they need to complete the burial rites. … Continue reading The Women Head to the Tomb
- He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!The disciples return to their homes, but Mary Magdalene stands outside the tomb crying. Jesus appears to her in a precious exchange, … Continue reading He is Risen… He is risen, indeed!
- What about the bodyBy now, the Roman guards are meeting with Jewish leaders about their incredible experience with the angel who moved the stone – … Continue reading What about the body
- Good Friday Is CompleteGood Friday is over and Sabbath begins. Jesus is in the tomb, which is sealed by a stone and guarded by Roman … Continue reading Good Friday Is Complete
- Body is buried and the tomb is sealedBy now Jesus’ body is off the cross. The Jewish leaders learn that the body of Jesus has been given to Joseph … Continue reading Body is buried and the tomb is sealed