Are you New?
Adjusting to new people and surroundings can be uncomfortable. We pray that you find your place in the body of Christ at Waynesboro. We greet you on behalf of all the churches of Christ
. Whenever we gather, you will find inspiring God-centered music, life changing teaching, relevant preaching, and friendly people in a place where you can call home. We’ve listed a few of the common questions people have.
Frequently Asked Question on Worship
When do we meet?
9:30am Bible Class
6:00pm Agape Groups
7:00pm Bible Study
What happens during worship?
Worship through Singing
- Our congregation worships A capella with a Worship leader up front (Colossians 3.16).
Worship through Praying
- We believe in corporate as well as individual prayer. Prayer allows us to talk to God and to listen for His responses (1 Timothy 2.1-3, 1 Thessalonians 5.17).
Worship through Preaching
- During this time, our Preacher or an occasional Guest speaker will deliver a God inspired, Bible based sermon to us (2 Timothy 3.16-17, 2 Timothy 4.1-2).
Worship through observing the Lord Supper
- On the first day of each week, we observe communion. We believe the unleavened bread is His body and the fruit of the vine is His blood (Acts 20.7, Matthew 26.17-20, 1 Corinthians 11-23-32).
Worship through Giving
- On the first day of each week, we take up a freewill offering from our members to give to our God (1 Corinthians 16.1-2, 2 Corinthians 9.6-8).
What do we have for children?
Nursery - For our infants through age two, we provide an excellent nursery program. Throughout the worship service, caregivers watch, love and play with your children. We filled our nursery with age appropriate toys, books and music.
Juniors for Jesus -For our preteens, we have a program that gets our younger kids together to learn about Jesus in a fun way.
Youth Group - For our youth 6th grade through 12th grade, we have a youth program. Teens have their own class on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
Where should I park?
We reserve the first parking lot for our visitors and ask our members to park in the upper lots as a courtesy to our visitors.
What should I wear?
Wear what makes you feel comfortable and what you feel honors God at the same time. Some members wear ties and dresses, and some dress in t-shirts and tops.
If you don’t see your question listed above, please share it with someone. If you prefer to write it down, please use the form below to contact us.